Hypnotherapists are usually self-employed and run his or her own practice. They will need to network, create contacts with other therapists, promote their services to the wider community and build a solid reputation. Hypnotherapists will need to market and promote their own business. Once established, GPs, dentists, midwives, counsellors, or other specialist services may make referrals to your practice.
A hypnotherapist’s work would involve:
- Setting up an initial consultation with client
- Discussing client’s medical and social history
- Recommending a course of treatment
- Inducing a hypnotic trance
- Making positive suggestions and statements
- Taking notes and writing reports on progress.